Monday, November 12, 2012

November Already?

November has arrived in stealth mode. How did this happen? Big B lit the fireplace this a.m. What are you doing? I asked him. It's going to get hot later.

It's November, he answered. As if that was an explanation in itself. I was about to argue that it wasn't...and then it hit me. Holy Moly..it's November already. October came and went in a blur of business..and now we are settling into Fall/Winter...and the holidays that come with it.

 Tomorrow I drag the Austen boy to work with me to help prepare a Thanksgiving dinner for 300+ people. Next week we get to celebrate Thanksgiving here at home with a handful of family and friends.

I am really looking forward to spending time with family and friends.

I have decided to take a little reprieve from Kairos and most other outside commitments. I way over-committed last month and hit near insanity. I am continuing as a chapel volunteer at the prison every other week. Other than that? Work and home. I am looking forward to the freedom of really engaging in work and family life, not feel pulled in a zillion directions. I want to enjoy the simple pleasures in life.

That said. We are bringing Odyssey of the Mind ( i know..not a simple pleasure..only organized chaos) to the Teen Center. Which reminds me.. I saw this short film today. The Adventures of a Box.

http://vimeo.com/25239728

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

No comments: