Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Not getting very far...

It seems I was WAY overambitious in my cooking endeavors yesterday. You know, some people are born cooks. They can do this type of thing without blinking an eye. I am not one of those people..good grief, I don't even like to cook. It's about pure survival around here. Still..we did manage to prepare some chicken alfredo and meatloafs today. Austen woke up sick, so he slept in the van during Cody's guitar lesson..and watched cartoons and messed around on the computer this morning. He is coming to the Club with us..but I asked him to stay in the teen room and sleep until they had drama at 6. He plans to do this. Brian (my husband) is planning to pick him up at the Club as soon as he gets off of work....probably during drama. Austen wants to ditch OM this year. He agreed to be in a musical in Kerville..so as of this morning, he will not be doing OM. Luckily, that team is still forming..so no damage done to the rest of the team. Cody's team actually picked their long-term problem yesterday. That team spent the entire meeting singing "Little Bunny Foo, Foo"...yet they managed to make some decisions, and develop a game-plan as to how they are going to attack their problem. Well, work awaits. We have a "point store" today. Where all the kids that attend tutoring can "cash in" the "bucks" they have earned over the past 6 weeks. Cody has agreed to help with the point store this afternoon. He said he would keep popping in and checking in on Austen while I take a group of kids for swim lessons. So...we are off. I did make all the stuff for cabbage rolls this morning..hopefully I will actually get them assembled this evening......

No comments: